Metropolitan Police Service – Residential Facilities
The project consisted of a strip out and refurbishment of the whole of the second floor, containing 34 flats, communal toilets and bath and shower facilities, plus the corridor and the lobby areas. Located within inner London, the 1930s style building provides temporary accommodation for Police staff during training and extended shifts. The project was a part of a floor-by-floor programme, extending to five residential floors in total.
What we did
We decanted the floor and stripped all existing finishes. An existing linen cupboard was converted into male WCs with two cubicles and two urinals, while existing female WCs and flats were stripped and refurbished. The existing shower and bath block was divided to allow for separate female and male entrances and sections. Corridors were refurbished and dividing fire doors and lobby fire doors and screens upgraded to oak.
The refurbishment involved:
- 34 single occupancy flats containing a bed, TV, sink & vanity unit with splashback and built-in wardrobe
- Installation of male WCs with two cubicles and two urinals
- Upgrade to female WCs with three cubicles
- Refit to shower and bathroom including changing facilities, four showers and four baths.
- Refurbishment and redecoration of a 20 metre corridor
- Installation of high specification oak doors and screens to the lobby area